- Why do you need to validate my account?
- What can I do to help you validate my account?
- How long does validation take?
- How can I use my account before it gets validated?
- What happens if my business doesn't pass the validation process?
- How long do I have to send you the required documentation?
Why do you need to validate my account?
To help its clients run background checks in a legal and compliant manner, Certn Lime complies with regulations and laws that pertain to the background screening industry (e.g. the Fair Credit Reporting Act). As such, we verify a company's legitimacy and permissible purpose for running background checks on candidates.
What can I do to help you validate my account?
During sign up, make sure that you enter your company's information as accurately as possible. We use this information to validate your company via the US Secretary of State or Canadian Business Registry databases. We may reach out to ask you for additional information and documents to verify your business, so make sure to check your email regularly.
We may ask for the following information:
- Legal business name
- Doing Business As (DBA)
- Corporate Website (alternatives include a Bloomberg, Crunchbase, YP.com, YC, or Dun & Bradstreet Profile.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- State of Incorporation
- Tax ID / Business Identification Number (BIN)
- Business Address and Business Phone Number
We may also ask for supporting documents to help validate your company, for example:
- Utility Bill
- Letters of Employment
- Certificate of Good Standing
- W9 Tax Form
- Business License
How long does validation take?
The average turnaround time is about one business day. If it has been longer than one business day, make sure to check your inbox and spam folder for an email from us.
How can I use my account before it gets validated?
You have full access to the Certn Lime dashboard where you can, for example:
- connect your credit card for ordering checks,
- sign our service agreement,
- review services and pricing,
- create packages for specific roles, and
- add team members to your account.
You can initiate a background check, but we will only send the application once we have validated your account.
What happens if my business doesn't pass the validation process?
If your business doesn't pass the validation process, we'll disable your account and notify you via email. We can reactivate your account once you provide the information and/or documentation needed to validate your business.