In this article, you’ll learn about how to read your monthly invoice from Certn. You’ll also learn how to find out which checks were included on your invoice.
In this article
View and download your invoice and usages CSV
You can view your invoice online and download a PDF version from the Certn webapp. You can also review all the checks included in your invoice by downloading your usages CSV.
- Select the User menu and select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Find your team from the list of teams and select the Settings button for that team.
- Select Billing from the sidebar menu.
From the Invoices section of your Team’s Billing page you can view and download your invoice and download your Usages CSV for any of your monthly billing periods.
- Download Usages CSV to download your usages CSV and see all the checks included in your invoice.
- Select Download Invoice to view your invoice. Then select Download PDF from your invoice page to download a PDF of the invoice.
No invoice to view or download
There are 2 scenarios in which no invoice can be viewed or downloaded from the Team’s Billing page:
- An invoice has not yet been issued because the first monthly billing period has not finished.
- No checks were completed within the billing period, resulting in no invoice being generated.
- The account is on prepay billing, rather than monthly billing, which does not get invoices. Instead receipts are sent by email at the time a check is ordered. Learn more in our Billing and pricing Certn Help article.
Pass-through access fees
Pass-through access fees are charges incurred for accessing government and private databases essential for background checks. These fees align with industry-standard practices and are charged at cost, reflecting the amount the relevant database imposes for their services. Applicable access fees will be applied automatically to eligible checks on the next invoice.
Pass-through access fees are charged in the currency of the government or private database issuing the fees and are billed to customers in their billing currency. Currency conversion is done as-needed at the time the fees are incurred.
You can see pass-through access fees listed by region on Certn’s Pass-through Access Fees page.
Renewal charge on credit card statement
Clients with a monthly billing cycle will see “renewal charge” as the description of charges from Certn on their credit card statement. Certn cannot change this description.