To start a background check in JobAdder, simply select the candidate(s) and the desired Certn package from the actions menu. On submit, JobAdder will send the candidate’s information to Certn and an email will be sent to the candidate with a request to complete a background check. Throughout this process, status updates will be submitted to JobAdder.
- To start, contact your Certn representative at (email@example.com) to configure your background check packages.
Note: If you skip this step, no background check packages will be added to JobAdder.
- Once your packages are set up, a user with admin level permissions will need to enable the integration in Certn.
- In your Certn dashboard team settings, navigate to the integration section and under JobAdder click enable integration.
- You will be redirected to JobAdder, where you will login and grant Certn access to your account. If you do not grant access, you will be redirected back to Certn and the integration will not be set up.
- When the integration between Certn and JobAdder has been completed, you will be redirected back to your Certn dashboard.
- Login to your JobAdder account. Your Application and Candidate pages should now contain:
- Certn Results column
- Certn section in the Actions menu
Note: If the Actions menu does not contain a Certn section with a list of available background checks, you will need to disable the integration and contact Certn support to set up your background check packages.
Requesting Background Checks in JobAdder
Once the integration has been set up you will be able to request background checks from both the Candidate and Application page. To request a background check select the candidate(s), click Actions > Certn, and then select the desired background check. Status updates and the completed results can be viewed under the Certn Results column.
- Requesting a background check on the Candidate page.
- Requesting a background check on the Application page.
- Requesting a background check on the Job detail page under the Candidate tab.
|Submitted||A candidate has been submitted to a background check.|
|Pending||The background check has been sent to the applicant.|
|Analyzing||The applicant has completed the background check and Certn is processing the results.|
Some results are available for viewing and some are still in progress.
Click to view a partial report.
|Cleared/Review||The background check is complete. Click to view the completed report.|
Viewing the Results
When the background check is complete, the Certn Results column will display either Cleared or Review - click on the text to view a copy of the report. A PDF will also be uploaded to the candidate’s document section, as seen in the figure below.