A job opening can be matched to a billing team regardless of which recruiter issues a check.
Setup option #1
This option is easy to set up, and is recommended when you intend to run a smaller number of checks. See option #2 to set up billing teams when you intend to run a higher number of checks.
- Select the job you want to assign to a particular team, then select “Settings” (1) → “Edit Job Description & Application Form” (2).
- Click “Customize Application Form”, then scroll down in the expanded section to find and click “Add Question”.
- In the add question section:
a. Into “Enter a question title”, input “Certn Team ID”.
b. Click on "Enter key", and type “certn_team_id” in the textbox.
c. Select “Hidden” from the question type dropdown.
d. Enter your team ID from Certn (get this from Certn's dashboard by going to “Settings” at the top right corner dropdown → “Team Settings”, then copy the unique team identifier from the URL).
Setup option #2
Repeating the previous setup option may be time consuming if you are running a large number of background checks for different hiring positions. In this case, a better option is to set up a stage that is tied to a team which can then be inserted into the workflow for any hiring positions. In order to use option #2, first run through option #1 to create the "certn_team_id" variable (as per option #1, point 3).
- Create this stage by selecting any job that you want to tie the stage to.
- Select “Settings” → “Edit Workflow”.
- At the top left of the screen, select “Add stage” → “Create New Stage”.
- In the pop-up, give your stage a unique name so that it can easily be identified for the team it is tied to, select “Custom” for the "Stage Type", and insert the stage before your background check stage. Finally, click “Add Stage”.
- Setting up this stage requires two rules, so in the “Rules” section of the stage, click on “Add rule” twice. Then, set the stage’s rules as in the screenshot below.
a. Find the “certn_team_id” you previously created in the Custom list.
b. Enter the team ID from Certn (get this from the Certn dashboard → “Settings” from the top right corner dropdown → “Team Settings” → Copy the unique team identifier from the URL).
The rules in this stage tests if the “certn_team_id” variable contains a unique team identifier defined. If it does not, rule 1 applies and the team identifier specified in (b) is added. If it does, rule 2 applies and moves the application to the next stage.
This stage can now be re-used for any subsequent positions by editing the application workflow (After selecting the job, click on “Settings” → “Edit Workflow” → “Add stage” → “Clone Existing Stage”. Put the job you originally created the stage for in the “From” field, select the stage, and select where you want to add the stage into the new job’s workflow.