A current background check is a background check available for you to complete. In this article, you’ll learn how they appear in your applicant portal dashboard and what information is displayed as part of those background checks.
Current background checks appear in a list, starting at the top of your applicant portal dashboard.
Current background check details
Each current background check is its own card in the list and has the following parts:
- The status of the background check:
- Ready to start appears if you have not started the background check.
- In progress appears if you started, but not completed the background check.
- Name of the company requesting the background check
- When you first received the background check invitation
- A button to use to open the application:
- A Get started button appears if you have not started the application.
- A Continue button appears if you started the application, then saved and exited.
If you have background checks close to expiring, a banner appears on the background check card to remind you to complete it soon.
Expired background checks have an Expired status on its card along with an Archive button. Select Archive to remove it from your list of current background checks.
When background check invitations are submitted, processing, completed, in dispute, archived, or declined, they appear in the History section. To learn more about the History section, refer to Expired or submitted background checks in the applicant portal.