If you want help adding new users or teams to your Certn account, the information in this article can help.
Add users to a team
This step-by-step guide will tell you how to add a colleague to your team.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown in the top right corner.
- Select the "Team Settings" for your team.
- Click into the "Users" Section*, and click on "Add team member".
- Fill out the form for the new user and grant them the appropriate permissions**. If you plan to add several team members that will all require the same set of permissions, you can "Create a new user group", and simply add subsequent team members to the group. Set a temporary password for your team member, and submit the form.
- The new team member will receive an email to verify their email for their account. On their subsequent login, they will have to use the "Forget password" feature to update the temporary password.
*If you don't have a "User" section, you may not have the appropriate permission level to add other users.
**You can grant other users the same or lower-level permissions as your permission level.
Add teams to your account
Adding teams to your account allows you to keep track of which teams or departments do which background checks. Organizing your background checks by team also allows you to restrict certain users to view only the results of their own team's background checks by setting them up with applicable permissions.
- Click the icon in the top right corner and select Settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the top right corner, click on Add a team.
- Fill out the popup (team name, accounting contact name and email address, etc.).
- Click Submit.