What is a "package"?
In order to streamline your background checks process, HR users have the ability to save a collection of checks as a "package", which in turns allows them to run several checks on a candidate with a single click.
How to create a package
- From the Certn dashboard click on "Screen applicant" at the top right of your applications page.
- On the next page you can select the checks you want to include in your package (click on the '+' to the right of each check to select it).
- When you have selected all the checks you want in your package, click the "Save as package" button from the right-hand side panel where the cost information is summarized. Give your package a name in the popup, and select "Submit" to save your package.
- You should now be able to select your package from the drop down when you want to screen an applicant.
How to edit a package
- Select the "Packages" tab from the main dashboard.
- Find the package that you want to change, click on the ellipses in the "Actions" column, and then on "Edit Item".
- On the next page you have the option to add or change information relating to the particular package, for example which job it is for, when it starts, or adding a custom link to send to your applicants. Or you can click "Next" to keep the information as is.
- On the next page, select the checks to add and/or checks to remove, then "Update current package" to save the changes.
1. The functionality to create a package is not available for property managers.
2. The steps for creating packages may be different when Certn background checks are ordered via one of our partner applicant tracking systems (ATS) -see ATS integrations for details.