Certn makes it fast and easy to order background checks on your candidates. In this article, you'll learn how to screen a candidate by placing an order that includes one or more background checks. This article explains the two main methods for ordering: creating a custom order or placing an order using a package.
Option 1: Create a custom order
To create a custom, single-use order that contains the background checks you select, follow these steps:
- From the dashboard, select the Screen Applicant button.
- On the next page, select the checks you want to run from the section on the left by selecting the + button next to each check (1). As you select checks, the order summary on the right displays the cost for the selected checks. When you're finished selecting checks, select Continue (2).
- On the next screen, you may have the option to send the application to your candidate via email or to fill in the candidate's details on their behalf.
Select the tabs below to view the remaining steps for each option.
If you choose to send the application to the candidate via email, complete the following steps to finish your order:
- Enter your candidate's email address.
- Choose the language for the application, if applicable.
- Add a message to your candidate.
- Review any conditions for the background check application that appear.
- Select Send Application.
If you choose to complete the application on the candidate's behalf, complete the following steps to finish your order:
- Enter all of the required candidate information for the checks you selected. For example, for a criminal record check, you may need to provide the candidate's personal identifiable information (full name, date of birth, country of birth, state/province of birth, city of birth, sex at birth, email address, and phone number), address history, criminal history (if any), images of their photo ID, and their signed consent.
- After you enter all of the required information and upload the required forms and images, review the information for accuracy, then select Submit.
Option 2: Order using a package
In this section, you'll learn how to place an order using a package of checks that you previously created. If you haven't yet created a package of checks, or you aren't sure what a package is, refer to Create a package of checks.
To place an order using a package of checks that you previously created, follow these steps:
- From the dashboard, select the Packages tab.
- Find the package you want to order in the list. To the right of the package, select the Actions button, and then from the drop-down list, select Send Application.
- In the pop-up window that appears, provide the candidate's email address and the language of the application, and then select Submit.
Need help placing your order, or have questions about the screening process? Reach out to your account manager or our Support team for assistance.